5 Facts about domestic violence to be aware of:
1. Domestic/dating violence is a pattern of controlling behaviors that one partner uses to get power over the other. Including: physical violence or threat of physical violence to get control, emotional or mental abuse and sexual abuse.
2. 85% of domestic violence victims are women.
3. 1/3 of American women and 1/4 of women worldwide will experience domestic/dating violence in their lifetime.
4. An estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year. 1/3 of American women and 1/4 of women worldwide will experience domestic/dating violence in their lifetime.
5. Only 25% of all physical assaults perpetrated by intimate partners are reported to the police.
As reported by http://www.dosomething.org
Love doesn’t hurt.
-Brown Skin Women Team & Guest Blogger Shawnee
To become a guest blogger, submit here.